Nono1 (nō),USA pronunciation adv., adj., n., pl. noes, nos, v.
- (a negative used to express dissent, denial, or refusal, as in response to a question or request)
- (used to emphasize or introduce a negative statement): Not a single person came to the party, no, not a one.
- not in any degree or manner;
not at all (used with a comparative): He is no better.
- not a (used before an adjective to convey the opposite of the adjective's meaning): His recovery was no small miracle.
- not a (used before a noun to convey the opposite of the noun's meaning): She's no beginner on the ski slopes.
- an utterance of the word "no.''
- a denial or refusal: He responded with a definite no.
- a negative vote or voter: The noes have it.
- no can do, it can't be done.
- to reject, refuse approval, or express disapproval of.
- to express disapproval.
Slipslip1 (slip),USA pronunciation v., slipped or (Archaic) slipt;
- to move, flow, pass, or go smoothly or easily;
slide: Water slips off a smooth surface.
- to slide suddenly or involuntarily;
to lose one's foothold, as on a smooth surface: She slipped on the icy ground.
- to move, slide, or start gradually from a place or position: His hat had slipped over his eyes.
- to slide out of or become disengaged from a fastening, the grasp, etc.: The soap slipped from my hand.
- to pass without having been acted upon or used;
get away: to let an opportunity slip.
- to pass from the mind, memory, or consciousness.
- to elapse or pass quickly or imperceptibly (often fol. by away or by): The years slipped by.
- to become involved or absorbed easily: to slip into a new way of life.
- to move or go quietly, cautiously, or unobtrusively: to slip out of a room.
- to put on or take off a garment easily or quickly: She slipped on the new sweater. He slipped off his shoes.
- to make a mistake or error: As far as I know, you haven't slipped once.
- to fall below a standard or accustomed level, or to decrease in quantity or quality;
deteriorate: His work slipped last year.
- to be said or revealed inadvertently (usually fol. by out): The words just slipped out.
- to read, study, consider, etc., without attention: He slipped over the most important part.
- (of an aircraft when excessively banked) to slide sideways, toward the center of the curve described in turning. Cf. skid (def. 18).
- to cause to move, pass, go, etc., with a smooth, easy, or sliding motion.
- to put, place, pass, insert, or withdraw quickly or stealthily: to slip a letter into a person's hand.
- to put on or take off (a garment) easily or quickly: He slipped the shirt over his head.
- to let or make (something) slide out of a fastening, the hold, etc.: I slipped the lock, and the door creaked open.
- to release from a leash, harness, etc., as a hound or a hawk.
- to get away or free oneself from;
escape (a pursuer, restraint, leash, etc.): The cow slipped its halter.
- to untie or undo (a knot).
- to let go entirely, as an anchor cable or an anchor.
- to pass from or escape (one's memory, attention, knowledge, etc.).
- to dislocate;
put out of joint or position: I slipped a disk in my back.
- to shed or cast: The rattlesnake slipped its skin.
- to ignore, pass over, or omit, as in speaking or writing.
- to let pass unheeded;
neglect or miss.
- [Boxing.]to evade or avoid (a blow) by moving or turning the body quickly: He slipped a right and countered with a hard left.
- (of animals) to bring forth (offspring) prematurely.
- to detach (a railway car) from a moving train as it passes through a station.
- let slip, to reveal unintentionally: to let slip the truth.
- slip a cog. See cog 1 (def. 6).
- slip away:
- to depart quietly or unobtrusively;
- to recede;
slowly vanish: All those facts I had memorized just slipped away.
- slip between the cracks. See crack (def. 52).
- slip someone's mind, to be forgotten: I was supposed to phone, but it slipped my mind.
- slip something over on, to deceive;
trick. Also, slip one over on.
- slip up, to make an error;
fail: I slipped up and put the letter in the wrong envelope.
- an act or instance of slipping.
- a sudden losing of one's foothold, as on slippery ground.
- a mistake in judgment;
- a mistake or oversight, as in speaking or writing, esp. a small one due to carelessness: a minor slip in addition; a slip of the tongue.
- an error in conduct;
- something easily slipped on or off.
- a decline or fall in quantity, quality, extent, etc., or from a standard or accustomed level: a slip in prices.
- a woman's undergarment, sleeveless and usually having shoulder straps, extending from above the bust down to the hemline of the outer dress.
- an underskirt, as a half-slip or petticoat.
- a pillowcase.
- an inclined plane, sloping to the water, on which vessels are built or repaired.
- the difference between the speed at which a screw propeller or paddle wheel would move if it were working against a solid and the actual speed at which it advances through the water.
- a space between two wharves or in a dock for vessels to lie in.
- the difference between the synchronous and the operating speeds of a motor.
- the difference between output speed and input or theoretical speed in certain fluid or electromagnetic devices, as couplings or motors.
- (in pumps) the difference between the actual volume of water or other liquid delivered by a pump during one complete stroke and the theoretical volume as determined by calculation of the displacement.
- unintended movement or play between mechanical parts or the like.
- the position of a fielder who stands behind and to the offside of the wicketkeeper.
- the fielder playing this position.
- the relative displacement of formerly adjacent points on opposite sides of a fault, measured along the fault plane.
- a small fault.
- Also called glide. plastic deformation of one part of a metallic crystal relative to the other part due to shearing action.
- give someone the slip, to elude a pursuer;
escape: The murderer gave the police the slip.
Floorfloor (flôr, flōr),USA pronunciation n.
- that part of a room, hallway, or the like, that forms its lower enclosing surface and upon which one walks.
- a continuous, supporting surface extending horizontally throughout a building, having a number of rooms, apartments, or the like, and constituting one level or stage in the structure;
- a level, supporting surface in any structure: the elevator floor.
- one of two or more layers of material composing a floor: rough floor; finish floor.
- a platform or prepared level area for a particular use: a threshing floor.
- the bottom of any more or less hollow place: the floor of a tunnel.
- a more or less flat extent of surface: the floor of the ocean.
- the part of a legislative chamber, meeting room, etc., where the members sit, and from which they speak.
- the right of one member to speak from such a place in preference to other members: The senator from Alaska has the floor.
- the area of a floor, as in a factory or retail store, where items are actually made or sold, as opposed to offices, supply areas, etc.: There are only two salesclerks on the floor.
- the main part of a stock or commodity exchange or the like, as distinguished from the galleries, platform, etc.
- the bottom, base, or minimum charged, demanded, or paid: The government avoided establishing a price or wage floor.
- an underlying stratum, as of ore, usually flat.
- the bottom of a hull.
- any of a number of deep, transverse framing members at the bottom of a steel or iron hull, generally interrupted by and joined to any vertical keel or keelsons.
- the lowermost member of a frame in a wooden vessel.
- mop or wipe the floor with, [Informal.]to overwhelm completely;
defeat: He expected to mop the floor with his opponents.
- take the floor, to arise to address a meeting.
- to cover or furnish with a floor.
- to bring down to the floor or ground;
knock down: He floored his opponent with one blow.
- to overwhelm;
- to confound or puzzle;
nonplus: I was floored by the problem.
- Also, floorboard. to push (a foot-operated accelerator pedal) all the way down to the floor of a vehicle, for maximum speed or power.
MatsMATS (mats),USA pronunciation n.
- Military Air Transport Service.
Flooringfloor•ing (flôr′ing, flōr′-),USA pronunciation n.
- a floor.
- floors collectively.
- materials for making floors.
Hello folks, this image is about No Slip Floor Mats #4 Rubber Flooring Experts. This blog post is a image/jpeg and the resolution of this picture is 743 x 743. It's file size is just 121 KB. If You decided to download It to Your laptop, you have to Click here. You also also see more images by clicking the picture below or see more at here: No Slip Floor Mats.
So that it seems very crucial that you give consideration and comfy planning the living room. The inviting No Slip Floor Mats #4 Rubber Flooring Experts will make relatives who arrived at trip to feel at home, buddies, or the attendees. If you could invest some time discussing with them in this room as well as the great effect that you may, would not be good? Arranging interior planning family area you can start by selecting a couch that is correct styles.
There are lots of selections of materials that one may choose. Beginning with one piece of lumber to wood or steel figure lined with foam and cloth multi-faceted. Wood can strengthen the impression if put into the space contemporary classic style. Nonetheless, a comfortable natural atmosphere can be added by application of timber in a smart modern area.
Variety of a suitable chair and loving you, can assist the look of a room that is living. Type that is fit would you select must correspond using the topic carried by the house itself. No Slip Floor Mats #4 Rubber Flooring Experts could appear odd if a contemporary living-room filled up with chairs minimalist and contemporary. Modern impact will be stronger extended if you select a chair that's designs and also other common facts.